Search our book collection
via the Online Catalog:
About Our Book Collections:
- 1,500+ circulating books
- 200+ reference books
- 500+ rare books
- 400+ conference proceedings
- 2,000+ online publications
Items owned by the PSFC Library are for use of the research scientists, faculty, undergraduate and graduate students of the lab. Non-affiliates of the PSFC community must obtain permission from PSFC Administration or the Librarian.
- Circulating Materials: Books, preprints, technical reports, and catalogued conference proceedings may be checked out for four weeks by members of the PSFC community. Videotapes and vu-graphs may be checked out for presentations.
- Renewals: Materials may be renewed, if there is no waiting list.
- Reserve Books: Reserve materials circulate overnight during the academic term.
- Return to PSFC not MIT Libraries: The PSFC Library is not part of the MIT main library system, so all PSFC materials must be returned to the PSFC Library directly.
Some books are available online via site MIT site license:
On-campus access will now require an MIT certificate. On-campus access requires that you come through the Libraries' proxy server, so you will need to use either the URL in Vera or the bookmarkable URL [http://libraries.mit.edu/get/books24x7].
- Off-campus access will remain the same through Vera, also requiring MIT certificates.
- Access will work from computers at the MIT Libraries, but personalization features, such as the virtual bookshelf, will not be accessible.
- If you have problems with access, please clear your cache (Netscape) or temporary internet files (IE) and try again.